I've tried quitting a couple of times before, but decided to quit as my birthday present to myself. It will be nice not to smell like cigarettes and spend all that money on cigarettes. Heh, I was generally only smoking about 8 cigarettes a day - since the first time I tried to quit the rule was no smoking in the house, so that cuts down a LOT. You have to really want to smoke one to go outside, get dressed, it's either cold or way too f'kin hot (the majority of the time). If I was still smoking in the house I'd probably be smoking about a pack a day. When I was at Sydney's over the 4th of July weekend I was smoking OVER a pack a day. Which is why I didn't quit ON my birthday, I knew I was going over to her house and that would be like setting myself up to fail. I figure I won't be able to visit her much for a while, until I get over this shit.
I might have to have a test cigarette, right? To see if it tastes like crap yet? Is it too early to do that?
I've only been smoking for 10 years... I'm almost NOT looking forward to being a non-smoker, going to bars you'd always smell like an ashtray, and when you're with friends that smoke the smoke always seems to blow in your face, or they forget to open the window while you're driving so you always seem like a whiney asshole. When you smoke, all that crap bothers you a lot less. Heheh, Sydney already smokes outside when her sister or daughter-in-law comes over, I guess I'll just add to that list of inconvenience. :)



2 comments:
Lisa, Good to see you're out of the closet with the blog, where's the pics? You have to have some pics.
Good Luck with the smoking. I quit once for three months and it only took a little stress and ONE to get me hooked again. Keep it up girlfriend.
Donna
You can do this..I have faith in you! If you quit, I'm gonna take up smoking. You don't want to be responsible for contaminating the lungs of my babies, right??? ;-)
Post a Comment